Monday 20 January 2014

Clarence the Angel (First Class)

So, who watched “It’s a wonderful life” over Christmas? I’ve only watched it through twice and I’m not really that into old films but have to agree when people say this is a classic. The first time through was some years ago. The second time I watched it was at an open air screening whilst on holiday visiting my brother just over a year ago - picture me, him and my hubby on laid back deck chairs looking up at a big screen on a warm evening in an isolated town on the north western coast of Australia eating cheese and crackers and drinking bottles of beer (whilst my bunnies spent a nice holiday with Caroline at the Rescue)...

Senior Angel: Hello Joseph, trouble?
Joseph - Angel: Looks like we'll have to send someone down. There are a lot of people asking for help for a man named George Bailey.
Senior Angel: George Bailey? Yes! Tonight's his crucial night. You're right. We'll have to send someone down immediately. Whose turn is it?
Joseph - Angel: That's why I came to see you, sir. It's that clock maker's turn again.
Senior Angel: [chuckles] Oh, Clarence. Hasn't gotten his wings yet, has he?
Joseph - Angel: We passed him up right along. Because, you know sir, he's got the IQ of a rabbit.
Senior Angel: Yes, but he's got the faith of a child. Simple. Joseph, send for Clarence.
Clarence: You sent for me, sir?


This made me laugh, a lot, given who one of my fav foster buns (now adopted bun) is. I now often call him ‘my angel’.

“Of course I’ve got the IQ of a rabbit! Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Us bunnies are very clever you know!”

5 comments:

  1. Clarence, rest assured it is a very good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Clarence,all bunnies are very bright...mine have trained me to become a devoted bunny-slave in no time at all! BTW you are gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond clever - I know this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so true Clarence all bunnies are clever,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete