Saturday 11 January 2014

Extra Weekend Whisky

Visits to the vet (of which we had another yesterday) cause me to recall all that Whisky and I have been through together and remind me just how lucky I am to still have him in my life. It also reminds me to cherish every day with him, for we may not know we're having our last playtime together when it happens. We need to make the most of every minute.

Try telling him that when you get home from the vet though...

"Yeah, whatever, talk to the tail."

Fortunately he's fairly forgiving as bunnies go, he was fine after a few hours back at home. In fact he was a lot happier once he realised we didn't bring medicines home with us this time and as I recall, he perked up sometime around snack time...

"Is that dinner? Is it double, for being good at the vets? I'd DEFINITELY be too stuffed to go wee on the lounge floor if it's double..."

8 comments:

  1. He is one tough bunny. Honestly, I do not think I could face all that suffering and remain strong enough to nurse him back to health. You are an amazing person BHV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi, you are so right about B-HV. Coming home without medicines sounds good. Did Whiskey get his double?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whisky ALWAYS wants double dinner, but I don't think his butt needs to be any wider than it already is! However, having NOT given him extra dinner, he then proceeded to con extra snacks out of me all evening anyway by jumping up on the sofa for a cuddle with me while I was watching TV. Til I stopped giving him snacks, then he went and tried to destroy the sofas trying to make the gap between them bigger...

      Delete
    2. B-HV, he was taken to the vet. We know you are the kind of person who can see things through bunny eyes (when those eyes are not glazed over by watching TV). You took your Best Bunn Bud to the vet. It's enough to make any bunny friend temporarily forget all your loving sacrifices and other stuff. Maybe those gaps need some enlarging...

      Delete
  3. I have been following the links. Just unbelievable. Clearly best bunnies and best volunteers can have the worst bunny health problems to deal with. I am still waiting for my magic wand, but in the meantime, I do love talking to the tail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Whisky is way more forgiving than my Scarlett. She does the talk to the tail routine for at least 2 days after the vet. When she finally looks at me, it's to give me looks of utter betrayal. Clearly, yours is a benevolent overlord! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww so cute,hope Whisky is feeling better,xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete