Thursday 2 August 2012

Fixing a Hole

Some weeks back, I realised we had gotten to a stage where there was no part of the ground in Jemima and Elvis' run that had not at some point been dug under to be part of their underground warren. It had been dug and filled so many times it was no longer safe to walk on for anyone heavier than Jemima (and sometimes not even her). Feet would suddenly drop into the earth and disappear.

So I dug the whole thing over and re-turfed it, giving them a nice flat and stable surface to run about on and of course eat. They've had a good few weeks of this but it was only a matter of time before they moved on. I went out to feed them dinner last night and discovered this.

I asked them what they had planned for their next secret lair, but they were tight lipped. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what adventurous constructions they come up with this time, but "forewarned is forearmed" as they say - at least now I know I need to allow another 20 minutes before their next vet visit for "bunny extraction time".

"Quick, act natural. Operation Hideaway is go - he's fallen for the decoy tunnel already!"

1 comment: